As February begins, we’re settling into the new year, and though we are seeing Valentine-themed messages and products in the stores, there’s another event approaching that we heavily associate with this time of the year: The Super Bowl. For those who don’t enjoy football, the food is the main attraction of Super Bowl Sunday. For […]
WRITTEN BY: Caitlin Mathews-Smith, OSU Extension, Guernsey County, Family and Consumer Sciences
REVIEWED BY: Amy Meehan, Healthy People Program Specialist, State Office, Family and Consumer Sciences
- Burton, Dreena. “Juice Spritzer.” Food Revolution Network, 7 Dec. 2022, foodrevolution.org/recipes/juice-spritzer.
- “How Many Hungry People Could We Feed With All Our Super Bowl Food?” World Food Program USA, 10 Feb. 2022, www.wfpusa.org/articles/solve-world-hunger-with-super-bowl-food.
- Tips and Recipes for Heart Healthy Super Bowl Snacking | Luminis Health.” Luminis Health, 4 Feb. 2021, living.aahs.org/recipes-and-nutrition/tips-and-recipes-for-heart-healthy-super-bowl-snacking.
- Wansink B, Cheney MM. Super Bowls: Serving Bowl Size and Food Consumption. JAMA. 2005;293(14):1727–1728. doi:10.1001/jama.293.14.1727
- “Zipongo.” Zipongo, zipongo.com/recipes/category/snacks. Accessed 30 Jan. 2023.