7 Dimensions of Wellness: Spiritual Wellness This year’s Connection Café Fall series is happy to present the 7 Dimensions of Wellness. The idea of wellness should not be limited to one idea, and that is why this series is covering the “Lifestyle Redesign” model, (Cassidy, et al, 2017). To learn about all the different areas, […]
WRITTEN BY: Casey Bishop, OSU Extension, Paulding County, Family and Consumer Sciences
REVIEWED BY: Kathryn Tutt, OSU Extension, Clark County, Family and Consumer Sciences & Area Leader
- Signature Photo Gallery; University Marketing (August 31st, 2021). Yoga [photography]. https://universitymarketing.osu.edu/photo-gallery/gallery/?galAlbum=27
- American Occupational Therapy Association. (2014). Occupational therapy practice framework: Domain and process. (3rd ed.). American Journal of Occupational Therapy, S1–S48. doi.:10.5014/ajot.2014.682006
- Brown, C., Stoffel, V. C., & Munoz, J. P., (2019). Occupational therapy in mental health: A vision for participation. F. A. Davis Company.
- Cassidy, T. B., Richards, L. G., & Eakman, A. M. (2017). Feasibility of a Lifestyle Redesign®–Inspired Intervention for Well Older Adults. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 71(4), 7104190050p1-7104190050p6. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2017.024430
- Clark, F. A., Blanchard, J., Sleight, A., Cogan, A., Florindez, L., Gleason, S., Heymann, R., Hill, V., Holden, A., Murphy, M., Proffitt, R., Schepens Niemiec, S., Vigen, C. (2015). Lifestyle redesign: The intervention tested in the USC well elderly studies. Bethesda, MD: AOTA Press, The American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Howard, B. S., & Howard, J. R. (1997). Occupation as Spiritual Activity. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 51(3), 181–185. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.51.3.181
- Jackson, J., Carlson, M., Mandel, D., Zemke, R., & Clark, F. (1998). Occupation in Lifestyle Redesign: The Well Elderly Study Occupational Therapy Program. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 52(5), 326–336. https://doi.org/10.5014/ajot.52.5.326
- Lee, K. H., Besthorn, F. H., Bolin, B. L., & Jun, J. S. (2012). Stress, Spiritual, and Support Coping, and Psychological Well-Being Among Older Adults in Assisted Living. Journal of Religion & Spirituality in Social Work: Social Thought, 31(4), 328–347. https://doi.org/10.1080/15426432.2012.716287