Muffin-tins aren’t just for muffins anymore! If you search for “muffin-tin recipes” online, you’re sure to find a ton of creative ideas, such as: Mini-meatloaves Frittatas and omelets Mac & cheese cups Personal casseroles Pot pies and Shepard’s pies Muffin-tin meals are more than just a fun cooking trend, though. When you prepare a savory […]
WRITTEN BY: Jenny Lobb, Family and Consumer Sciences Educator, Ohio State University Extension, Franklin County
REVIEWED BY: Joanna Fifner, Family and Consumer Sciences Educator, Ohio State University Extension, Medina County
- American Heart Association (2014). Don’t Fall Prey to Portion Distortion. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/HealthyLiving/WeightManagement/LosingWeight/Dont-Fall-Prey-to-Portion-Distortion_UCM_424567_Article.jsp#.WMArX1Xyu70
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (2016). Just Enough for You: About Food Portions. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/weight-control/just-enough/Pages/just-enough-for-you.aspx.
- Taste of Home (2017). 26 Muffin Cup Recipes. http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cooking-style/muffin-cup-recipes.
- Wansink, B. (2006). The Large Plate Mistake. Cornell University Food and Brand Lab. http://foodpsychology.cornell.edu/discoveries/large-plate-mistake.
- Wansink, B. (2014). The 92% Clean Plate Club. Cornell University Food and Brand Lab. http://foodpsychology.cornell.edu/discoveries/92-clean-plate-club.