Sixty-three percent of U.S. households own a dog or cat, sales of pet care services are totaling at $5.8 billion dollars in the U.S., $123.6 billion U.S. pet industry dollars was spent in 2021 and by 2026 veterinary occupations are expected to grow almost three times faster than projected growth for all occupations. Our pets […]
WRITTEN BY: Candace J. Heer, Educator, Family and Consumer Sciences, Ohio State University Extension, Morrow County; firstname.lastname@example.org
REVIEWED BY: Laura Halladay, Educator, Family and Consumer Sciences, Ohio State University Extension, Greene County; email@example.com
- Phinneas E. Heer, 2022, taken by C.J. Heer
- Binny at camp, 2022, taken by Laura Halladay
- American Pet Products association. Pet Industry Market Size, Trends & Ownership Statistics
- American Veterinary Medical Association. U.S. pet ownership statistics
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Financial terms glossary
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. What is insurance?
- Forbes Advisor. Best Pet Insurance of 2022
- Healthypaws Pet Insurance & Foundation. History Lessons: Pet Health Insurance
- North American Pet Health Insurance Association (NAPHIA). State of the Industry Report 2022
- U.S. Bureau Of Labor Statistics. Ahead of the pack: why are veterinary occupations growing much faster than average?
- United States Census Bureau. Pet Owners Spending More on Time-Saving, Specialty Pet Care Services
- U.S. News and World Report. Best Pet Insurance Companies of 2022
- 2022 GlobeNewswire, Inc. North America Pet Insurance Market size to surpass $3.8bn by 2027, says Graphical Research