Post written by guest author, Cassandra Spaeth, Family and Consumer Sciences Program Coordinator This week we celebrate our fathers and recognize the influence they are in our lives. In an article titled “The Importance of Fathers: Is Father’s Day Real?” Dr. Ditta M. Oliker explains that until recently a father’s influence was “seen as minor, […]
WRITTEN BY: Cassandra Spaeth, Family and Consumer Sciences Program Coordinator
REVIEWED BY: Patrice Powers-Barker, Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Sciences, Lucas County
- Bates, J., Wilkinson, D., McCartan, J., Remley, D., Light, M., Crawford, D., and Dellifield, J. (2017). Strengthening families through a re-envisioned approach to fatherhood education. Journal of Extension [On-line] 55(2) Article 21AW2. Retrieved from https://www.joe.org/joe/2017april/pdf/JOE_v55_2iw2.pdf
- McCumber, Josh. (April 7, 2014). Men Can Nurture: Here’s How! The Father Factor, National Fatherhood Initiative.
- Oliker, Ditta. M. (June 23, 2011). The Importance of Fathers: Is Father’s Day Real? Psychology Today.
- Steward, Melissa. (January 8, 2015). Fathers Eat Last: What Great Leaders Do That You Should, Too. The Father Factor, National Fatherhood Initiative.
- Zoromski, Kevin. (February 28, 2018). The Many Ways Fathers Teach Their Children about Values. Michigan State University Extension.