Ohio Saves, our local affiliate for the national America Saves campaign, is excited to participate in another Saves Week! Read more about this initiative and how you can get involved. Katie Bryan, America Saves Communications Director, brings the following information to you.
America Saves Week, February 23 – 28, 2015 is a chance for individuals to assess their savings and take financial action. Did you know that only half of Americans report having good savings habits? Now is the time to take action and Set a Goal. Make a Plan. Save Automatically. Take the time this week to select a savings goal and create a plan to save for it.
Here are 5 easy ways to get involved in Ohio Saves Week:
- Pledge to Save. According to research done by America Saves, those with a savings plan are twice as likely to save for emergencies and retirement than those without a plan. Join over 350,000 people who have already committed to save. When you take the pledge you can also choose to receive text message tips and reminders to help you save for your goal. Take the pledge here.
- Assess Your Savings. Find out if you are saving in all the right places with this new interactive 12-step savings tool.
- Saver Checklist: Evaluate Your Savings Preparedness. This checklist is made up of characteristics of successful savers, which include debt management. It can serve as a useful starting point for evaluating one’s savings preparedness.
- Share Your Savings Goal. People save more successfully when they have a goal in mind. That’s why we’ve created posters so you can put your savings goal into perspective and share it. Plus, if you share your goal and enter the #imsavingfor photo contest, you could win $500!
- Share Savings Tips and Advice with Family and Friends. On Twitter and Facebook? Follow us on Twitter @moneymattersOH, or on Facebook at Ohio Saves, and share our tips and advice with your networks.
Ohio Saves Week is coordinated by OSU Extension, working in partnership with America Saves and the American Savings Education Council. Started in 2007, America Saves Week is an annual opportunity for organizations to promote good savings behavior and a chance for individuals to assess their own saving status.