We all know that saving is an important part of taking positive steps toward financial health and wellness. By saving, you are setting yourself up to better face financial emergencies, and prepare for a financially stable future. A recent survey released by the Consumer Federation of America (CFA) highlights the great steps many Americans are taking, showing that 70% of those surveyed reported making progress when it came to growing their savings. That being said, only about 40% of the households surveyed reported making good or excellent progress toward meeting their savings goals. Because the benefits of saving are clear, why not take some time to think about what you’re saving for?
Whether you’re looking forward to college or retirement, there are many goals in life that we can be saving for every day. A report released by Consumer Financial Protection Bureau explains that setting savings goals not only keeps you on track to save, but also helps to ensure your overall financial wellbeing! Knowing this, why not go ahead and examine your own savings goals, and share one with us during this year’s America Saves Week?
In fact, America Saves Week is right around the corner (Feb. 27-March 4, 2017), and Ohio Saves is partnering with America Saves to promote the #ImSavingFor contest! It’s easy to enter – just share a short video of your savings story, or a picture of you and what you are saving for. By sharing your video or photo and completing an entry form, you will be entered to win local prizes and giveaways as well as the national prize of $1,000!
How to enter:
- Create a short video featuring your savings story by answering at least one of these questions: What are you saving for? What is your savings story and how can it help other people? What is your favorite savings tip or trick?
- Or take a picture illustrating your savings goal
- Share your video or photo on social media with the local hashtag #ImSavingForOH, and the national hashtag #ImSavingFor
- Be sure to enter to win!
- Get creative and take your photo or video in front of whatever it is that you’re saving for! Saving for college? Take a picture on the college campus! Saving for a new car? Take a picture in front of the car you’d like to be saving for!
- Use a photo or video editing app to add a filter, illustration, or text to your submission! Let your creativity flow and let us know what you’re saving for.
The Ohio Saves contest will run during America Saves Week (Feb. 27-March 4, 2017), and will be choosing a winner through the use of the #ImSavingForOH hashtag on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Be sure to set the privacy on your post to public so you’ll be entered to win!
The national contest runs from February 1 – April 7, 2017. America Saves will pick one entry at random on March 10 and contact them by email. Click here for the full official rules.