You have no doubt noticed the bounty of gluten free foods available in grocery stores or on restaurant menus. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley or rye. Recently, a gluten-free lifestyle has become an increasingly popular U.S. diet trend. According to a 2015 Gallup poll, approximately twenty percent of Americans are looking to […]
WRITTEN BY: Shannon Carter, Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Sciences, Ohio State University Extension, Fairfield County
REVIEWED BY: Elizabeth Smith, M.S, RDN, L.D., Regional Program Specialist, SNAP-Ed Central Region, Ohio State University Extension
- “9 Things You Should Know Before Going Gluten-Free” 2016. Celiac Disease Foundation.
- “Gluten-Free Menu Planning: Budget-Friendly Tips.” 2013. Beyond Celiac
- “Gluten Free Diet Facts.” 2014. Nutrition 411.
- “Gluten Free Diet – Overview.” 2016. Beyond Celiac
- Stevens, L. & Rashid, M. 2008 “Gluten-free and regular foods: a cost comparison.” Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research.
- “What is Celiac Disease?” 2016. Celiac Disease Foundation.